Special Session on Swarm Intelligence and Swarm Robotics
The Special Session Swarm Intelligence and Swarm Robotics to be held during the 15th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence (DCAI2018) will gather researchers and practitioners to foster and ease rich discussions around the latest findings, research achievements and ideas in the areas of Swarm Intelligence and Swarm Robotics. Interested colleagues are invited to submit novel contributions via the submission system with an emphasis on the following topics (but not limited to):
- Recent advances on Swarm Intelligence methods for Robotics, with emphasis on those inspired by biological processes and behaviors typically observed in Nature, such as Particle Swarm Optimization, Bat Algorithm, Cuckoo Search, Ant Colony Optimization, Artificial Bee Colony, Firefly Algorithm and others.
- Novel applications of Swarm Intelligence to Robotics, with an emphasis on real-world scenarios.
- Hybridization of Swarm Intelligence and Soft Computing techniques, with applications to robotics and autonomous complex systems.
- New synergies between Swarm Intelligence and Swarm Robotics.
- Coordination and control of Swarm Robotic Systems.
- Adaptive Swarm Intelligence methods.
- Applications of Swarm Intelligence for collaborative positioning and route optimization in robotic swarms.
- Distributed inference in Swarm Robotics.
- Self-organization in robotics enabled by Swarm Intelligence.
- Distributed Swarm Robotic systems.
Only submissions with original contributions with respect to the state of the art in the above areas will be considered for inclusion in this session, i.e. special session papers will be treated under the same criteria as regular conference papers.
DCAI 2018 is sponsored by the IEEE Systems Man and Cybernetics Society Spain Section Chapter and the IEEE Spain Section. Accepted papers will be included in DCAI Proceedings. At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the symposium to present the paper in order to include the paper in the conference proceedings. All accepted papers will be published by AISC series of Springer Verlag.
- Paper submission deadline: 5th February, 2018.
- Notification of acceptance: 12th March, 2018.
- Camera-Ready papers due: 26th March, 2018.
- Conference Celebration: 20th-22nd June, 2018.